Wednesday, May 21, 2008

CYBORG #1 out today, pre-order issue #4 and Two-Face: Year One #2



Well, the first issue of my new six issue mini, DC SPECIAL: CYBORG, hits stands today, Wednesday May 21st 2008. It's the first solo series for one of the most popular Teen Titans in his 28 years of existence, and I'm really excited to see your reaction to it.


The above cover is for Issue 4, which hits stands August 20th. You can pre-order it while your in the store picking up Issue 1. Here's the solicit:

The mysterious Mr. Orr has transformed one of Cyborg's friends into a killing machine! But is Vic's friend the only victim?Orr has cloned two of the world's deadliest super-villains to prevent Cyborg and The Titans from finding out.On sale August 20

And while you're pre-ordering, why not get Part Two of Two-Face: Year One. Check out this amazing cover by Mark Chiarello:





Here's the solicit.

TWO-FACE YEAR ONE #2
Written by Mark Sable
Art by Jesus Saiz & Jimmy Palmiotti
Cover by Mark Chiarello
The election coverage continues as Two-Face throws his hat in the ring! It’s the shocking conclusion to the tightest race in Gotham City history, and it’s only the beginning of Batman’s struggle with a man who used to be his best friend — and the monster within.On sale August 13 • 2 of 2, 48 pg, FC, $5.99 US

No slight to Cyborg or any of my creator owned works, but I think Two-Face: Year One is the best thing I've ever written. Hopefully it will get a boost from the Dark Knight sequel, which opens the month before. You can read about how I put a "Dent" (as in Harvey Dent) in Two-Face on CBR.


Between Cyborg and Heroes this may be the most readers I've ever had. Huge week, and more to come...

1 comment:

Mr Saturday Morning said...

I enjoyed Cyborg #1, Mark. I liked the way you injected some "real world" stuff into Cyborg's super-science origin. The idea of the goovernment wanting Cyborg's tech is a good one. I must confess though, I was confused by what happened on the last two pages... I feel the layout wasn't clear. Did Cyborg mistakenly attack Sarah Charles? Please enlighten! Many fans were confused...